Incoming links from Social Media sites to your company website are an important SEO (Search Engine Optimization, for the un-initiated) tactic.
The social media sites most commonly targeted by business are Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, & YouTube.
Here are some pretty basic tips to help your small business leverage these Social Media sites effectively:
- Create a profile and fill it in with good detailed information that’s relevant to your business.
- Where possible, import your address book to help make connections.
- Link to your social media pages from your website, blog, and emails.
- Be active on the social media site:
- Participate in LinkedIn Q & A
- Post and comment on Facebook
- Don’t just embed YouTube videos on your site, add value by commenting and/or transcribing portions of the video (what did you find most important?)
- Follow people & topics on Twitter. When tweeting, sandwich a link to your website with interesting content/copywriting at the begining and end of the Tweet.
If you’re a local business such as a service provider in Hamilton Ontario, SEO and Social Media use is important to build your website ranking.